Keep your wedding decorating costs down by using pew bows instead of real flowers to decoration your location during the ceremony.
- They are reusable
- They are re-sellable
- They are easily transportable
- They won’t wilt or die
Here’s how easy it is to do:
You can buy the pew bows online or purchase pre-made from a store.
We found the handmade tulle and ribbon pew bows (pictured) on Craig’s List for only $60. This was 50% off what they would have cost if we were to purchase them at a store and they were much more elegant. There were 18 pew bows total. We purchased them as “second hand” bows from a bride who was selling items such as her gift card box, unity candle holder, rose petals and pew bows after her wedding. The bride we bought them from a told us she came up with an idea to have a “bridesmaid bow making party” about one month before her wedding. What fun!
Here’s How To Have a Pew Bow Making Party:
- Go to Michael’s Arts and Crafts or Party City and buy the tulle and ribbon. Keep an eye out for coupons in your Sunday paper for 20% off materials. The bow making “how to” instructions are marked clearly on each package.
- Pre-cut the tulle and ribbon so everything is ready when your friends and family arrive for the “bow making” event.
- Serve simple appetizers and drinks for the “bow makers.”
- Maybe even watch a fun wedding themed movie while making bows such as Bridesmaids, Runaway Bride, Four Weddings and A Funeral or Wedding Crashers.
Simply Chic Bride Suggestion: At the end of the event perhaps have all the bow makers drop their name in a hat for a drawing as a thank you and give away a gift card, a music CD or a gift basket filled with great smelling lotions and soaps.
Pew Bow Storage, Transportation and Pew Bow Clips:
- Purchase clear acrylic pew bow clips at your local Michael’s Arts and Crafts,
Party City or online at Factory Direct Craft.com.
**Important Tip** Most churches will not allow anything to be taped or affixed to the church pews. The clips slide over the top of the pews for easy preparation and dismantling after the service.
- Once the service is over have your storage tubs handy and a person designated to carefully place the bows back in the tubs to avoid wrinkling for easy resale.
What a wonderful, Simply Chic Bride way for your family and friends to create a great pre-wedding memory and keeping costs down at the same time!
Have you enjoyed this post? Share this post with friends and family using your favorite social media service and support The Simply Chic Bride. Each time you submit (it’s free) SSL’s content to StumbleUpon or Facebook and click on the green “I like it!” button, you assist others in discovering The Simply Chic Bride and help this site grow. This allows us to continue to do what we love -sharing with you! We hope you’ve enjoyed your time here today. Thank you so much for supporting this site! 🙂 – The Simply Chic Bride
The Simply Chic Bride
We want to hear from you!
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org